As we navigate these uncertain times, NCARB has created tools to keep up-to-date with information regarding testing and rescheduling.
Visit NCARB.org for additional links and information.
April 9: Prometric Closure and Additional Rolling Clock Extension Update
Due to ongoing concerns over safe delivery of examinations, Prometric has decided to keep all test centers in North America closed until May 1, 2020. As a result, NCARB has extended our no-cost rescheduling period for Architect Registration Examination® (ARE®) appointments and is adding an additional six-month rolling clock extension to all valid passing scores.
- Prometric is continuing to monitor the Coronavirus outbreak to determine when they will reopen test centers.
- When Prometric does reopen centers, they will only be operating at 50 percent capacity to maintain social distancing for those who are testing.
- If a reopened test center is booked beyond the 50 percent capacity limit, Prometric will randomly select candidates to reschedule in order to ensure a safe testing environment.
- All rescheduling fees have been waived until further notice.
- Please be proactive in rescheduling upcoming exam appointments if you are concerned about your local test center not reopening or if you don’t want to test in the current environment.
- Rescheduling existing appointments and scheduling new appointments over the next several months may be difficult due to limited seat availability. Please schedule future appointments for times this summer and into early fall to avoid further disruption.
Additional Rolling Clock Adjustment
- An additional six-month rolling clock extension will automatically be applied to all passing ARE scores that were valid as of March 1, 2020, to accommodate for the test center closures and limited seat availability over the next several months. This will add to the three-month extension already added to your valid passing scores.
- All extensions will be granted by the end of April to ensure no exam scores will expire before testing returns to normal. You do not need to take any additional action to receive this extension.